Knight and Hennessy Scholarship: Introduction
Knight and Hennessy Scholarship was started by Nike founder Phil Knight and Google president Hennessy in 2016. The applications for the Knight and Hennessy Scholarship are open now for the intake of Fall-2021 and the deadline is around October. Stanford University offers about 100 Fully Funded Scholarships for international students to study Masters, Ph.D., MS, MBA, MFA, MD, JD degrees.
Candidates have to apply for both Stanford graduate program application and Knight-Hennessy scholarship application. Both applications stand on their own and candidates must get in the Stanford graduate program for final consideration for the Knight-Hennessy scholarship. For more details about the Knight-Hennessy scholarship, visit the official site.
The Knight and Hennessy scholars are funded for a maximum duration of 3 years for a master’s degree and up to 6 years for a Ph.D. During the period of scholarship, a scholar gets the benefits of Full Tuition Fee waiver, Economy Class Air Tickets from the home country to the USA, lodging and boarding, books allowance, and a monthly stipend. Read the full post for details and the application procedure of the scholarship.
Knight Hennessy Scholarship 2021 in the USA
- Scholarship Country: United States of America (USA)
- University: Stanford University
- Scholarship By: Knight Hennessy Scholars Council
- Course Level: Masters, Ph.D., MS, MBA, MFA, MD, JD Degrees.
- Duration: 2-3 Year (for Master’s), 4-6 years (for Ph.D.)
- Deadline: 14th October 2020
- All Graduate Programs at Stanford; Only for Graduate Degrees. All Fields & Majors are Available. You can Get Your Masters or Ph.D. Degree in Any Discipline.
- DMA, Eng, Joint Degree, MA, MBA, MD, MFA, MS, or Ph.D., Masters.
- First 3 Years years of Graduate Education.
- Typically the funding for Ph.D. scholars is available for up to Six Years for PhDs.
Full Financial Coverage Details
The USA is the education capital of the word and provides Fully Funded Scholarships to international students around the world. The Knight and Hennessy Scholarship is one of the best scholarships to study at one of the best universities in the world. Here are the details of the financial coverage done by the scholarship:
- Knight-Hennessy scholarship offers a handsome monthly stipend along with full tuition fee coverage, medical insurance, and research funding.
- A fellowship to Cover Full Tuition fee(commensurate with the standard departmental level of enrollment) and associated fees.
- A Monthly Stipend for living and academic expenses (such as Room and Board, Books, Academic Supplies, Instructional Materials, Local Transportation, and Reasonable Personal Expenses)
- A Travel Allowance intended to cover an Economy-Class Air Ticket for one annual Trip to and from Stanford for international students.
- NOTE: Knight-Hennessy Scholars may also apply for supplemental funds to support academic endeavors (e.g. conference travel or any other research grants as approved by the scholarship committee).
- All Citizens are welcome to apply. The scholarship is open for candidates of any nationality
- All Graduate Programs at Stanford; Only for Graduate Degrees
- First/Bachelor’s Degree Received in 2014 or Later for enrolling at Stanford in 2021 or Later. So, to apply for the 2021 cycle, all applicants must have received a bachelor’s degree in 2014 or after it.
- If you’re still in college studying for your first/bachelor’s degree, you’re eligible to apply as long as you complete your first/bachelor’s degree before you enroll as a graduate student at Stanford.
- If you earned or expect to earn a degree from a university where English is the official and sole language of instruction, then you do not need results of an English proficiency exam
- Other eligibility requirements set by Stanford graduate program you are applying to. Because to receive the scholarship, you must apply and be accepted into a graduate program at Stanford
These are the basic requirements and clauses of the general eligibility criteria. Please Visit this link for detailed eligibility criteria & other relevant information.
Check also: Australia Awards Scholarship 2020 for International Students to study in Australia on a fully-funded scholarship
Deadline to Apply
Knight Hennessy Scholarship is offered one time in a year and admissions are considered only for the Fall semester. This year, the Last Date to apply for the scholarship at Stanford University is 14th October 2020. Remember that you also have to apply to the respective graduate program at Stanford and the last date and other requirements can be found at the Stanford Graduate Admissions website.
All candidates must apply separately to the Knight-Hennessy Scholars program and to the respective Stanford graduate degree program. Here are the basic application requirements:
- You must submit all Knight-Hennessy Scholars application materials in English via our online application. Any material sent through email or express mail won’t be accepted by the scholarship committee.
- For reference only, here is a PDF sample of the application for the autumn 2021 intake.
How to Apply For Knight Hennessy Scholarship Program
All the applicatns have to apply online on two application portals.
- Stanford Graduate Program Portal
- Knight Hennessy Scholarship Program Portal
The Links of the Online Application Form & procedure on How to Apply is also given below in Red Color Links. Best of Luck.
Five Steps to Apply for the Knight Hennessy Scholarship Program
- Determine which Stanford graduate program you want to apply to. You must have met all the requirements set by Stanford University. Apply to that program through this link given above.
- Start your online application on the Knight-Hennessy scholar portal. (link is given above)
- Submit the online application along with required documents before the deadline i.e. October 14. Your referees must submit your recommendation letters before this deadline. So, keep reminding them to submit your reference letters as early as possible.
- Upload the introduction video required in the application by December 9, 2020 through the link that will be provided on your application status page once you submit the application.
- You are now done with the application. Take a deep breath and pray. 🙂