King Fahd University of Petroleum and Mineral Sciences (KFUPM)
King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minteral Sciensce also known as KFUPM is a leading research university in the Saudi Arabia. King Fahd university offers studies in applied sciences and engineering related to the petroleum and mining resources. But it is not limited to these disciplines and now covers the broad spectrum of modern technology, science and engineering curricula. King Fahd University scholarship opportunities attracts researches and scholars around the globe to pursue high quality impactful research in the state of the art research centers and laboratories in the vast and sprawling campus of King Fahd University of Petroleum and Mineral Sciences
KFUPM was established on 23 September 1963 by a Saudi royal decree as the College of Petroleum and Minerals providing high-level education about petroleum and minerals, two of the most-valuable natural resources in Saudi Arabia. The College of Petroleum and Minerals was awarded the status of university in 1975 and expanded its academic programs to STEM and business/management majors.
Currently, due to its high quality research and extravagant funding opportunities through ‘King Fahd University Scholarship’ programs, the university is now ranked as 18th best university in the world with the age below 50 years. Also, according to QS World Universities Ranking 2020, King Fahd University is ranked among the 350 best universities of the world. So, KFUPM is one of the best places to start your graduate studies through King Fahd University Scholarship.
King Fahd University Scholarship for Masters & PhD in Saudi Arabia
You can apply for the King Fahad University Scholarship 2020 for Masters & Ph.D. in Saudi Arabia. Domestic and International students from all over the world can apply for the Fully Funded scholarship in Saudi Arabia. There is no restriction of nationality to apply for the scholarhsip program.
KFUPM provides full MS and Ph.D. scholarships in Saudi Arabia to Graduate Students in the fields of M.B.A, All Sciences, Engineering, Business Administrations, Computer Engineering & Sciences. Both Male & Females can apply.
The intake to the undergraduate and graduate programs happens twice in a year during Spring and Fall semester respectively. So, the Online Application Portal is open Twice a Year. So, you can apply for two times in a year to increase your chances of selection.
You can also check: King Abdullah University of Science and Technology Scholarship
King Fahd University Scholarship 2020 Details
- Country: Saudi Arabia
- University: King Fahd University of Petroleum and Mineral Sciences
- Course Level: Masters, MS/Ph.D., Ph.D. Doctorate Degree.
- Financial Coverage: Fully Funded
- Deadlines: 25th Sept 2019 & Feb 12, 2020
Fields of Study
College of Computer Sciences & Engineering (CCSE)
- Information and Computer Science
- Computer Engineering
- System Engineering
College of Sciences (CS)
- Mathematical Science
- Life Science
College of Engineering (CES)
- Aerospace Engineering
- Civil & Environmental Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
College of Petroleum Engineering & Geosciences(CPG)
- Petroleum Engineering
KFUPM Business School (CIM)
- Information System & Operational Management
- Accounting & Finance
- Management & Marketing
- Executive MBA
College of Environmental Design (CED)
- Architecture Engineering
- City & Regional Planning
- Construction and Management & Engineering
King Fahd University Scholarship Financial Coverage
KFUPM Scholarship is a Full-ride Scholarships in Saudi Arabia to all the Local & International Students. The stipend provided is more than enough to cover all your monthly expenses and you can even keep a decent amount as saving in your account. Check the Scholarship benefits below.
- Full tuition fee waiver
- A monthly stipend to cover living expenses.
- Free furnished air-conditioned bachelor housing.
- Essential Medical insurance.
- Free Textbooks
- Subsidized Meals in the University cafeteria.
- A chance to participate along with the University faculty in the Research and Book writing
- Projects funded by the University
- Funds to participate in a conference
- Decent funding amount for applying for US patents (reward money is split among all the patent grantees)
- A prepaid Airfare Ticket for Initial Travel to Dammam at the start of the contract, and a Return Ticket after his completion of the Degree (for RA and Lecturers-B).
- Other benefits are also available in accordance with University policy.
You can also check: Saudi Arabia Scholarships for Pakistani Students
For Master Programs:
- A Four-Year Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or science from a recognized institution with a major in the proposed field or evidence of suitable background for entering the proposed field.
- A Grade-Point Average (GPA) of 3.00 or higher on a scale of 4.00 or equivalent, and a GPA of 3.00 in the subject of the major field.
For Ph.D. Programs:
- An M.S. degree in engineering or science (after a four-year B.S. degree) from an institution whose graduate programs are equivalent to those of KFUPM, with a major in the proposed field or evidence of suitable background for entering the proposed field.
- A minimum GPA of 3.00 on a scale of 4.00 or equivalent in both B.S. and M.S. degrees.
- A Four-Year Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized institution.
- A Grade-Point Average (GPA) of at least 3.00 on a scale of 4.00 or equivalent.
- At least one course in college-level calculus which covers both differentiation and integration.
- Working knowledge of computers as evidenced by at least one course in that area (e.g. data processing, programming, information systems, etc.)
- At least one year of full-time work experience. This requirement may be waived for graduate assistants, research assistants, and applicants with exceptional academic records.
Mandatory Documents to apply to King Fahd University
- Copy of Identification (National ID – Saudi Nationals/Passport – Applicants from outside Saudi Arabia/Iqama – Residents of KSA)
- Complete official transcripts [For Ph.D. Applicants – MS & BS Transcript/ For Master Applicants- BS Transcript] (The transcript should contain names and grade of all courses taken and should be an official transcript)
- Three (3) Recommendation Letters from your academic referees submitted through the online recommendation system after you submit the online application.
- Statement-of-Purpose (A one-page essay focusing on your career and research goals at FUPM).
- Passport Size Photo with white background (Optional for females)
- CV mentioning briefly your education and work experience.
- GMAT (For International MBA Applicants).
Other Supporting Documents (Needed for a Final Decision)
You do not need to provide following documents when filling online application. But if you have them with you at the time of application then it is better to upload with the application.
- TOEFL score (min. is 68 iBT for MS and 79 iBT for PhD) or IELTS score (min. is 6 for MS and 6.5 for PhD).
- Acceptable GRE General score (min. Quantitative score is 156, min. Analytical Writing is 4.0).
Deadline to Apply for Fall and Spring
As the King Fahd University offers admission twice in a year so the Last Date to Apply for the King Fahd University Scholarship 2020 is 25th Sept 2019 & Feb 12, 2020 for Fall and Spring semester respectively.
How to Apply For King Fahd University Scholarship
You Need to Apply Online. Complete the Online Application Form. Below is a Link. you can Find How the Online Application System works.