HEC has announced Kingdom of Saudi Arabia Scholarship for Pakistani students. The applications are invited for the fully funded studying opportunities in the Kingdom of Saudia Arabia (KSA) from talented and motivated individuals from Pakistan/AJK.
It is a great goodwill gesture from KSA to further enhance bi-lateral educational ties between two friendly countries i.e. the Kingdom of Saudia Arabia and the Islamic Republic of Pakistan.
Saudi Arabia Scholarship Programmes
Under these Scholarship opportunities, three major
To apply for these scholarships, you must:
- Be a Pakistani/AJK national & permanent resident of Pakistan/AJK. No dual nationality will be accepted.
- Age must be between 17 years to 25 years for Bachelor’s programme & Arabic language teaching institute, must be less than 30 years for masters and less than 35 years for
PhDapplicant as on closing date of applicationprocess.
- The Female students should be accompanied by a Mahram (A male legal guard) according to the regulations; this mahram should have a scholarship or have
regularresidence permit (Iqama) or be employed by a Saudi employer in need of his services . Selectedscholars beavailable to start his/her academic studies in the Saudia Arabian University by the start of the academic year in September/October 2019.
closingdate of application, must hold a minimum of 12 years higher secondary school certificate for Undergraduate programme, 16 years of education in relevant fields of study for Master’s programme and postgraduate qualification (MS/MPhil degree) in the relevant field of study for admission in PhDprogrammes in respective Saudia Arabian University.
- For madrassa Qualification or O/A level education, equivalence from IBCC and/or HEC is and language proficiency certificate will
- Not availing any other scholarships currently from anywhere else in the world.
- Applicants must fulfill other requirements set by concerned university/Saudi’s Govt.
- The students must not
beensuspended from Kingdom earlier due to any criminal activity.
How to Apply
- Apply online at HEC website:
http://eportal.hec.gov.pk/loa .After registering and filling your profile, please select “Learning Opportunities Abroad” under “Scholarship and Grant” menu in side panel of the online portal. After submission of the application, get its printed copy to be signed by the candidate. lefthand
- During the application process, select only one programme of study from 23 universities of Saudia Arabia through their website and provide the same information in HEC online application where required.
- For your convenience, also prepare two sets of HEC/IBCC attested academic documents viz. transcripts and degrees, health certificate, police clearance certificate, for madrassa degree or O/A level education equivalence from Inter Boards Chairman Committee, Islamabad is required, copies of CNIC along with HEC application form and retain it with yourself.
- DO NOT send hard-copies of application forms or any other documents to HEC at this stage of the
- Only apply online before the deadline of 31st January 2019
List of Universities to Apply
There are 23 Universities offering Scholarship under the Saudi Arabia Scholarship program. Potential candidates are advised to choose their programme and university carefully. For specific programme detail, visit respective University Website below;
|Name of Universities||Website|
|Imam Muhammad ibn Saud Islamic University||www.iu.edu.sa|
|King Saud University||www.ksu.edu.sa|
|King Abdul Aziz University||www.kau.edu.sa|
|King Fahad University of Petroleum and Minerals||www.kfupm.edu.sa|
|King Faisal University||www.kfu.edu.sa|
|King Khalid University||www.portal.kku.edu.sa|
|Al Jouf University||www.ju.edu.sa|
|Al Baha University||www.prtal.bu.edu.sa|
|Northern Border University||www.nbu.edu.sa|
|Princess Nora bint Abdul Rehman University||www.pnu.edu.sa|
|Prince Sattam bin Abdul Aziz University||www.psau.edu.sa|
Financial Coverage & TORs
Following benefits will be given to the selected scholars;
- Health Care for the Students & for his family.
- Paying 2 Months Furnishing Allowance Stipend when he/she arrived.
- Paying 3 Months Graduation Allowance stipend for Shipping Books.
- Providing Cost Meals by the educational Institution.
- Proving Accommodation, educational, Social & Cultural Training & Round Airfare Travel Tickets will be given.
- No manual or incomplete applications on e-portal will be entertained. All applicants must apply online on HEC portal.
- Students can apply to any of the offered Programmes except health/medicine as per eligibility criteria. No dual programme application will be entertained. The recommendation of nominating agency i.e. HEC will be final and binding.
- HEC will shortlist eligible applicants on the basis of donor selection criteria, highest academic merit, written test/interview, provincial/regional quota policy and the number of scholarship slots allocated for Pakistani students.
- Please note that HEC has facilitation role in nomination process, as final selection will be made by the donor country/respective university. Further, HEC will have no financial liability regarding this scholarship.
- In case of submitting false information at any stage, HEC reserves the rights to cancel and debar for all future scholarships as well as impose penalty, as decided by HEC.
- Only apply online before the deadline of 31st January 2019, DO NOT send hardcopies of application forms or any other documents to HEC at this stage of application process.
- It is the sole responsibility of student(s) applying for any professional degree (viz. Medical, Engineering, Agriculture etc.) to first get confirmed its accreditation from the respective Councils i.e. Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC), Pakistan Medical & Dental Council (PMDC), Agriculture Council, & Nursing Council etc.